Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sickness Oh My

Since our first visit to the OB netted nothing but an image of a black hole and a dot.  We headed back the morning of November 30th.  We saw the heart beat.  It was weird to see something growing inside of me.  Seeing movement like the heart beat was weird.  I have an alien inside of me.

Brad dropped me off at work.  I had a flight to catch for work.  Yay.  Schenectady,NY while morning sickness was kicking in!  Good news is I was prescribed some anti nausea medicine.  I don't want to be that chick vomiting on a plane (it happened to one of Brad's co-workers).  What was weird was during the 3 days I was traveling I did not get sick.  I did not take any meds other than my prenatal vitamins.  I was just extremely tired.  Maybe the morning sickness wasn't going to hit me too bad.  Wrong!

After I got back my 3 weeks of sickness began (and still hasn't ended 100%).  I had 2 weeks of morning and all day nausea and then after that I had it at night.  I only technically got sick twice.  On the 2nd occasion Brad made the following request as I ran to the restroom "Can you turn the fan on so I don't have to hear you".  Nice right?  Don't forget he gets to suffer just as much as I do right?  I had 1 week of feeling "off" all day and then nausea would hit me right at 6:00 in the evening.  That has pretty much last to date.  I am OK anytime other than in the early evening other than the extreme exhaustion.  SO TIRED.  I have been in bed every night by 6:30 at the latest.  Sad right?  I cannot wait to start feeling somewhat normal.

During the peak of the sickness Brad asked if I was excited.  I told him the sickness puts a damper on the excitement.  Does that sound bad?  If it does I honestly felt that way.  I think this is when women experience penis envy.  If you look at pregnancy at face value it's easy to see.  Men get it easy!  But I will tell everyone that Brad has been pretty good and has met many of my odd demands and whining with ease.  My cravings for BBQ Lays (not the healthy baked kind) have made Brad drive past our street while on Suwanee Dam and straight to the Kroger on Peachtree Industrial to get chips.  Those of you who know where we live know what a pain it is to go up and down Suwanee Dam during the evening rush hour.  There have also been times where everything in the house has disgusted me and all I ate was bread and he ate frozen pizza while I gagged at the smell.  But I will not feel bad for him too much.  He doesn't have an alien growing inside of him making him feel crappy all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment