We're pregnant. Now what? Well, I booked our first Prenatal visit with my Gyno...well OB now for Nov 21. I should be about 6 weeks at this point. We also wanted to be able to confirm the pregnancy and tell our families of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Good plan right?
Brad agreed to meet me at the OB's office that afternoon. I went ahead and checked in and Brad met up with us while they were still getting my vitals. It was funny to think this was his first time at the Gyno/OBs office. Don't know why, but it made me chuckle. Vitals were good. I was not too happy with my weight. I mean come on. They have to let me take all my clothes off before they weigh me. That number is BS. My clothes add at least 50 lbs right? I was taken to a room quickly (love my place - I hardly ever have to wait - Peachtree Women's Clinic at Northside Forsyth). Brad was checking out all the diagrams and models in the room while I got prepped for the ultrasound. He learned a lot. When Dr. Middleton came in she was happy for us and got right to work. She was kind enough to direct Brad towards my head to avoid the business end of the ultrasound. He seemed relieved.
She found Baby Gorka quickly and confirmed the positive pregnancy test. At this point it looked like a black hole with a dot. Apparently I was at 5.5 weeks instead of 6. Too soon to see the heart beat. Darn. We had to reschedule for Dec 30 to see the heart beat. At that point Brad and I put Dr. Middleton in the hot seat. Should we tell our family? When should we tell our family? She said she is not concerned and that we could tell our family if we wanted. Brad was happy since he was dying inside keeping the secret. We headed home with our ultrasound pictures of a black hole with a dot.
Coming up with ideas on how to announce the pregnancy was hard. How do you tell them? I decided to use our baby pictures and the ultrasound picture. Kind of a Yen + Brad = Baby. We framed the photos and put them in gift bags and got ready for the Thanksgiving festivities. We headed to Chu Long and Co Loan's house (Uncle and Aunt) Nov 21 to make the announcement to my whole family. We gave the gift to my mom and she opened it. There was silence...more so because my parents did get it right away. My mom thought I framed a picture of us and my ultrasound from when she was pregnant with me...why? Maybe because I have repeated over and over to my family that I would never have a baby. Maybe. Our whole family was excited and can't wait. 1st Grand baby for my parents so they are excited. One family down one more to go!
Thanksgiving at the Gorka's was at Stan and Linda's (Brad's dad and mom) Nov 22. At this point I was feeling weird. The onset of pregnancy exhaustion and sickness, but mostly my body was aching a lot like I was coming down with the flu. Linda unwrapped the gift and caught on quickly. Maybe because I have never been as adamant about the no baby thing Brad's family. Everyone was super excited. We were excited to share our news with our families!
Now Brad is asking when he can tell his co-workers. One step at a time man!
No comments:
Post a Comment