Thursday, June 4, 2015

ER Visits and Rashes

Well, it happened.  We had to make our first ER trip.  Steven had a fever over the Memorial Day Weekend.  We went to the clinic at Kroger and he got antibiotics for an ear infection.  Monday night it spiked to 105.3.  I put him in a tepid bath and Brad called the nurse.  They told us to get him to the ER ASAP....STAT I guess in ER speak.

We headed out at about 10:20 pm in POURING down rain.  Steven was great in the car.  Tired and quiet.  Brad parked the car while I headed in to check in.  As I neared the check in desk Steven vomited.  All over me.

They checked him out and his fever was down to 103, so that meant we got to wait.  5 others ahead of us.

No problem for Steven.  He had his mommy and got to sleep on her.  Mommy and Daddy on the other hand....

They took us back close to 1.  Ran all the tests.  Conclusion.  Virus of some sort, not just the ear infection.  His best guess...Roseola.  He told us a rash would cover his body once the fever broke.

Exhausting.  Scary.  But all gone.  Back to the wild child.

No comments:

Post a Comment