Monday, December 17, 2012

Furniture, Bedding, Photos, and Unplanned Hospital Visits

The last few weeks have been a whirl wind. 

We selected and purchased baby furniture.  Thanks to Todd we were able to save some money and pick up the furniture versus have it delivered.  Buy Buy Baby is amazing.  You can apply coupons towards your purchase of furniture 90 days after payment/pick up!  Brad has become the coupon hoarder.

The room is certainly coming together.  All I need now is to finalize bedding.  As many of you know I have been hemming and hawing over options for MONTHS now.  I have finally placed the order and thanks to Brad's parent's contribution towards the bedding I was able to splurge and get the set I really wanted from Carousel Designs.  Brad also gets a break from my endless back and forth on which bedding to buy.  All we need now is the mattress from the registry!

So, news flash, Brad and I are not touchy feely.  Ok, so that's not really a news flash, but we do actually like each other.  Engagement and Wedding photos are there to prove it.  AND we got pregnant so ha!  We weren't really planning on ever doing a maternity session, but Tiffany (Tiffany Kelly Photography) asked if we wanted to do a session with her.  It turned out to be a great session (not surprised)!  The photos turned out great.  Here's one of my faves:
 
We also got to experience our first "scare".  As you know I am still paranoid (just a little) of something happening to the baby during pregnancy.  Anyone that has had a miscarriage has that fear in the back of their mind.  We were back at Buy Buy Baby to buy the glider.  While we were there I started having some mild, constant pain on the right side of my belly.  I assumed standard tummy troubles and took some Tums.  It started getting worse so I took more Tums.  Still getting worse.  By the time we got to the grocery store near our house it was a lot worse and had been going on for 2 hours.  Brad ran into the grocery store to grab some items and I called the doctor.  I wasn't sure what they would say.  These weren't contractions...just constant pain.  Of course I checked the Internet and I assume the worst.  My placenta is separating! The nurse on call recommended we go to the Women's Center at Northside Forsyth.  We did what was natural.  Dropped off the groceries and unloaded the glider at home then headed to the hospital.  This was our first visit to the Women's Center.  We were supposed to plan our tour sometime after the new year, but guess we don't need to now.  This place is amazing.  Admitted and in a room very quickly and they began observation quickly.  They ran tests to rule out gall bladder and liver issues.  The baby was fine.  I ended up being fine.  But that was a practice run to the hospital right?  LOL.  We were nervous, but wanted to make sure the baby was fine.  He's fine.  Moving around like crazy and probably was stepping on my liver or gall bladder for 3 hours.  Trouble already.

No comments:

Post a Comment